We are officially moved out of Draper and living with Danny's parents. The plan right now is to be here until about December (cross your fingers), but who knows what's in store for us...
The Saturday that we finished moving, I got a phone call with an offer for a last minute trip to CO with the little girl I take over. So, Monday morning.. OFF I WENT! Brooke was a bit cranky on the trip b/c she was already feeling unstable about the move and then the trip REALLY threw off her schedule. She was really clingy and cried anytime we walked into a new house.
However, it was a fun trip. We went to the pool (Brooke was surprisingly NOT a fan). Lounged around, went to lunch and generally was lazy and had fun. We did a guitar hero tournament one night and I got up to Expert level on a couple songs with 90% accuracy and 199 streak! WOO!
My sister (Haley) pictured here, got braces while I was there... it was SUCH fun to tease her. We told her not to go by the microwave when it was on because she would pee a little... AND she was going to girls camp soon, so we told her not to get too close to the camp fire because her braces would get hot and therefore her TEETH would burn... BU-WA-HAHAHAHAHA! You're such a good sport Haley! (OH, she believed us on both accounts)On the way home, we flew Frontier for the first time... it was SO nice! I was able to trade with a nice lady for a window seat and the middle seat was empty, so Brooke got her own seat! In the back of the seats, there were TV's with satallite. Needless to say (after only 2 1/2 hrs of sleep the night before) I purchased the programming... it was nice, PLUS they sold snacks on the flight! Instead of your measly peanuts or pretzels. I was able to get breakfast (since I flew out the door) plus some chips and salsa! It was very nice. Here is Brooke with my IPod, watching Finding Nemo, while I watched TV! WOO!

On Fathers Day, our good friends Scott and Martha had their baby girl, Penny! It was so fun to go see them and hold little Penny! Congrats guys!
On Fathers Day as well, we decided to do a combined Fathers Day/Danny's Birthday celebration! I made him an old TV cake because he's getting "so old"...right... 26 is not old.
This is him conducting the family in the well versed Kimball Birthday rendition song! (Notice Brooke trying to sneak I piece of cake)
This is Brooke's cousin, Julianne. She is only 6 days older than Brooke. They get along fine, especially when you give them puffs! However, Daddy and Uncle Sean tried to wrestle them all up...
However, the next youngest cousin to Brooke is Kenna... SHE LOVES KENNA! They play so well together and chase each other. It is too cute. Here is Kenna giving Brookie hugs.

Brooke's favorite thing right now is to "coochie" your cheeks... however it's more like pinching your cheeks more than anything. She also likes to gouge out, I mean POINT out ;) your eyes, nose and mouth.

I thought this picture was too cute. She walks around the back yard and when a plane or bird flies by she LOVES to point up and talk jiberish!
With Brooke's hair getting so long, the other day I decided to try curlers. They worked, just not exactly as i had hoped. They made her hair pretty poofy, but it was still cute.


So you could TOTALLY tell I am a first time mom, because I was taking pictures of Brookie in the "car" shopping cart... I could tell people were just laughing at me... I didn't mind though.

I was getting my produce and looked down and saw this cute face! How can you resist that! The only bad thing was that the car didn't have any seat belts, so she was climbing ALL over it... she eventually got strapped in the top with me again.
Well, that's been our crazy life so far... there is TONS more going on right now, but I'll share those events on a later post!
LOTS OF LOVES!

1 comment:
Wow, it seems like we were just barely out there and all caught up with you guys and look at all this stuff going on! Crazy! It's too hard to keep up with everything sometimes! I can't keep my blog updated, let alone read everyone elses!! haha. Keep having fun!
Post a Comment