Thursday, October 8, 2009

18 months... (FINALLY!)

The happy number 18!!! WE FINALLY REACHED IT!!! I never thought this time would come... and by all this I mean NURSERY!!!! YES!!! She can now go to the little kid nursery at church... I'm so ecstatic! Given, we teach the big nursery (which, I officially love), but now Brooke won't be with us anymore. She's going to do great!

Anyways, UPDATE TIME!
We went to the doctor this morning and poor girl got 4 shots. She's such a trooper. Is it mean to say that I love her cry? Now, before you judge let me explain, I don't like the fact that she's crying, but she looks so cute and its just... it's just HER! Weird as it may sound. She also has a cute little scrunchy face when she cries. I'm glad she lets me hold her and "co-co" with her.

She is now:
25.31lbs and in the 66%
33" long (she grew 2" in 3 mon) 86%!!!!!
18.75" head circumference in the 80%

I was making a list of ALL the words she can say, but it would be WAY too long. She mimics just about EVERYTHING you say, or she'll at least try. None the less we call her our parrot. It's Danny's favorite game to see how much or WHAT he can get her to say... His favorite phrase, "Hola, como esta? donde esta el bano?" AND "good morning! wake up! pronto! capish!" She pretty much say it exactly like he does. It's so darn cute.

A couple weeks ago we were in a public bathroom IN THE AIRPORT, so of course... TONS of people. I was of course doing my business... now a side note, at home I bring her in the bathroom with me to show her "going potty ON the potty". I tell her the steps I take along the way... well... it has sunk in. She was narrating my ENTIRE experience... such as this...
"Mommy, POTTY!"
"yes, Brookie. Mommy is going potty"
[moment of silence]
"Wipe! Mommy, WIPE!"
"Yes, Brookie. Mommy is wiping. Please be quiet...SHHH!"
[I then stand up]
"Bumbie! Bumbie!"
"SHH! Brookie, please be quiet"
"Mommy, poo-poo"
"BROOKE! Please be quiet!"
[flush the toilet]
"Bye-bye!!!"

Yes, this was our conversation. Needless to say, I did NOT make any eye contact with ANYONE!

Other things about Brookie...
She LOVES babies, so long as I don't hold any of them.
She has been on 22 plane rides I believe now... it will be 26 by the end of Nov.
She has never lived in one place longer than 6 months... (hopefully that will change) We move into our new apt in Nov, but however Danny graduates in April so WHO KNOWS where or what we'll be doing after that!
She is a true girl in that she loves ALL aspects of anything that's pretty. She loves jewelry, crayons, trees, flowers, birds...etc..
She LOVES to point out the planes and birds in the sky.
She ALWAYS has some sort of bruise on her head.
When she falls down and its something (e.g. head, leg, arm...) she will turn to the item that she fell on or down... and point her finger out and say "no! no!"
She is VERY brave little girl!
She loves veggies more than fruit and dosn't like meat, except for about every full moon.
She LOVES smarties... thanks to Grandma GG! ;)
Her favorite word is still "hi".
She can adentify almost all her cousins (remember she is #18 of 22) and most of her aunts and uncles.
When we drive into danny's work's parking lot she starts SCREAMING "DADDY! DADDY!"
When we drive into my SIL apt complex she starts crying for "bella! reese! bella! resse!"
She is still mostly terrified of David but LOVES Brian and Suni. (She calls out for them all the time)
She is going to have a VERY hard time adjusting to when we move out of Grandma and Grandpa's house. She and Grandma are GREAT little pals!
She LOVES to read and look at books.
She loves to make lots of animal noises and sounds. Her favorite is the kitty and the bear.
She can almost count to 10 by herself. Her favorite numbers to say are 2, 3, 5, 9 and 11.
She loves going down the slide in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard.


Again, she loves slides.
She LOVES all her books!
Her first little picnic.. didn't work out so well...

Brooke and Brayden (the little boy I watch twice a week)...don't they look mischeiveious?

Brooke LOVES when Brayden comes to play.

Like I said... she ALWAYS has a bruise or bonk somewhere... this one was particularly bad... but we have found too that she bruises REAL easily... She barely even cried at this one too!

She is ALWAYS so happy and LOVES to dance.

Her 22nd plane ride...

Brooke's favorite pal, Grandma, on the 4-wheelers.

I love you Brookie! You make my life so much (and crazy). I love being your mom and can't imagine life without you. Thank you for being such a great and happy, fun loving little girl!

No comments: