Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Check out our new diggs!

So we're pretty much all moved in! Only some random boxes in the garage remain and who knows if those will ever get unpacked! So here is a tour of our place! I am IN LOVE with it! It's perfect for our cute little family! Plus, who can pass up such an awesome deal that we got!

I told Danny that I actually feel like we're our own cute little family finally! After living with family for the past year, we can be our own unit and load the dishwasher the way we would like or put dishes away where we want them to be! OH! I have a disposal AND a window in my oven!!! Such simple joys that I've never had since being married. Plus, we've lived in basements since May 2006... so it FINALLY feels good to be above ground!

This is the picture of our house. It's from 2003, its from the Recorders office. But it still shows the same cute little charm it holds! Danny is really excited to do Christmas lights this year on the house!

These were taken from my cell phone, sorry you can't see them. They wouldn't delete after I added them.


This is the view from the front door when you walk in. This is the family room to your right. You're standing in the "office" when you walk in. Our bedroom is that door on the left.

More of the family room. All our furniture works so well with the design of the house... it's just amazing! I love it!



This is the view from the family room into the "office" and kitchen doorway.

There you can see the front door. (I have a screen door! I can get some fresh air without restraining Brooke!)

This is the view from the entry of the kitchen from the office. That door leads out back to the common area/back door. The tall cupboards on the left are so tight together that Brooke can't get her fingers in between to open them.. YES!

This is to the right of the doorway. That doorway on the left leads to our bedrooms/bathroom.

The entry door way is on the left of this picture. I LOVE my fridge too!

This is the view of the kitchen from the back door.

The entry to our hallway from the kitchen...
Our bedroom is on the right (which lead back to the family room)
Brooke's room is on the left.
Down the hall to the left is the bathroom.

The view of our room from the hall.

Brooke's room, which she loves. Everytime she see's it she screams "RRRROOM!" (Her "r" is rolled hard...)

The bathroom and hall closet.

The bathroom.

The view from the bathroom into the hall. I LOVE the shelving!

This is only PART of my food storage! (Which I am very proud that I have started so well!) This is outside our kitchen backdoor in the "common area".

The common area. The door on the left leads outside to our DRIVEWAY AND GARAGE!
We share a washer and dryer with the basement tenants that are downstairs in the common room. The basement tenants are very cool. We're excited to get to know them and hang out. We seem to have a lot in common!

Our garage! I'll post pictures of the inside of it once it's all organized!
I didn't get a picture of the backyard... it's a cute little small thing, but it has a grow box for veggies next summer! YIPEE!
And that concludes the tour of our new place! We absolutely LOVE it! We're excited to be in the Schoenfelds ward! Scott was Danny's best friend growing up AND was his companion on his mission for 8 months! Oh! I'm excited too that the house faces south... which may not seem like a big deal, but it just means the snow will melt faster from our yard and driveway!

This apartment was so meant for us in so many ways. The Lord knows us so well. There is just enough room for everything and everything has a place!

PLEASE come visit us! I love to show our house off! Plus, we LOVE THE VISITORS!

Hope you're all well! I'll try to post Halloween pictures soon!

5 comments:

anoyce said...

Fabulous! I love the house. It is darling and I love how you have decorated. And don't worry, I've said that our next house MUST face south - to help melt the snow and also to help our lawn get some sun. Anyway, we may be coming down tomorrow for a BYU basketball game, so if we do, we'll have to stop by!

Katie Seamons said...

That is soooooo cute! We will try to come see you when we are there for the wedding, but you know how wedding weekends get! Monday would be our only opportunity and it is still two weeks away...

Jamie and Preston said...

Love Love Love it! And so jealous that you have a washer and dryer even if you have to share it. Stupid cheap California apartments!

Nattles said...

I love it! It certainly makes a difference when you actually have room to have all your stuff eh? We'll need to work out a day to come visit!

Kendall and Melissa said...

What a beautiful house!! You really did find a nice place. And it looks great. Thanks for the tour. Hopefully we'll get a real one sometime this summer, after you get a tour of ours! Hooray for friends and visitors!