Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

After Santa came! Don't worry we didn't get in trouble for being up past our bedtime...
Christmas morning Brooke woke up around 9:30am. We got up first (while Brooke played in her crib) and cleaned up a little and got some things ready for her. We also got my parents on Skype (webcam) and while they were setting it up, we fed Brooke an orange and some Lucky Charms (her favorite). Then when we were all ready, we brought her in to the Christmas wonderland we had! She automatically went on sensory overload. She, however, went right for the Cinderella doll and Baby doll she had in her stocking from Santa.

Showing off her baby doll and Cinderella!

My cute little "Big Sister"...
Talking to Grandma, Grandpa, Collin and Haley in Denver!
Showing off her dolls! She is practically inseparable from them.
Danny's present from my parents, the new Mac Magic Mouse!
Brooke's new doll house from Grandma & Grandpa GG!
Her favorite feature in the house is the potty... but here she is putting the "Mom & Dad" to sleep
My favorite gift of all!!! My new Cricut Create Machine!!!

My gift to Danny... I love this reaction... just what I was hoping for...

Guitar Hero!!!
Daddy helping Brooke open some of her presents. (Which we still haven't finished opening all hers... she got too overloaded.)
It's a puzzle!!!
After presents, Mom and Dad Kimball came over and enjoyed homemade Belgian Waffles and Buttermilk Syrup (or otherwise known as "Heather's Heavenly Syrup" in the Kimball family!)

Then, Brooke and Mommy enjoyed a much needed nap! Brooke being cranky from the sensory overload and Mommy just being pregnant... However, I was woken by a phone call! It was the opportunity to talk to my brother on his mission!!! It was so wonderful to hear his voice and listen to his experiences. He is currently serving a mission for our church in the Carlsbad, CA mission. However, he currently lives in Mission Viejo. Our family got to talk to him for 2 hours!!! It def made my Christmas when he bore his testimony. He is so wonderful and I'm so proud of him!

We then finished off the night with several rounds of Guitar Hero, yummy snacks and of course blogging! We plan to hang out with some of Danny's cousins from Colorado tomorrow and hopefully I will get to get some scrapbooking in... I have all of Brooke's baby book to get done before #2 comes along! Wish me luck! There are over 800+ pictures just of the first WEEK she was born! ;)

We hope all your Christmas' were great and look forward to all your posts! We love you! MERRY MERRY!

2 comments:

Kendall and Melissa said...

I'm the world's biggest slacker because I'm just getting around to reading your blog. Very fun. I love those jammies of Brooke's! Too cute. And that kitchen that she got looks wonderful! That is the next thing that I want for our kids. They have all the accessories and this ratty old kitchen thing that doesn't really work. Anyway, fun times!

Denny and Wendy said...

I didn't know that Danny got guitar hero for Christmas. We'll have to have you over to our house when we get into it. So fun.