Well, I read a couple of their stories and then finished off with the Polar Express (my favorite). Right at the end, where it says the Polar Express gave out one last blow, a train went by OUR house and honked its horn! It was so cool! All the kids yelled out "It's the Polar Express! I hear it!" So now, we're cool because we live by the Polar Express... ;)
Friday, December 25, 2009
Cousin PJ/Christmas Story Party
Growing up my Mom would do a Christmas Story/PJ party for my siblings and I and a couple friends. It was one of our favorite things sitting by the light of the tree and the fireplace, reading our favorite Christmas stories. So this year I decided to do the same thing with my nieces and nephews. 8 out of the local 15 came. I lite a bunch of candles and turned down the lights and read several stories. It wasn't what I had in mind, but it was still a TON of fun! (I think they are still a little young to do a lot of books, they got distracted easily.)
Well, I read a couple of their stories and then finished off with the Polar Express (my favorite). Right at the end, where it says the Polar Express gave out one last blow, a train went by OUR house and honked its horn! It was so cool! All the kids yelled out "It's the Polar Express! I hear it!" So now, we're cool because we live by the Polar Express... ;)


After the stories were all done, we turned on the old claymation movie "Santa Clause is Coming To Town". We gave them some cookies and hot cocoa. It was very cute and fun and cozy! I want to make it a tradition.

So fun!
Well, I read a couple of their stories and then finished off with the Polar Express (my favorite). Right at the end, where it says the Polar Express gave out one last blow, a train went by OUR house and honked its horn! It was so cool! All the kids yelled out "It's the Polar Express! I hear it!" So now, we're cool because we live by the Polar Express... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So fun...thanks so much. Dallin and Kenna loved it and was much needed time for us to do some last minute things.
Post a Comment