Danny graduated!!! WOO! Finally! His commencement and convocations were on Friday. Danny did great at graduation. He didn't trip or anything, they read his name wrong however, it wasn't completely wrong, they just said Danny M Kimball instead of Daniel.... I think it still counts though. ;)
The graduation was at 8 in the morning and we wanted to be there are 7:30, but of course Brooke spilled her cereal and other things got in the way, so we ended up arriving just at 8. Luckily my grandparents, got there early and saved seats. On the way over, I was almost in tears because we were going to be late, then I almost was in tears AGAIN because I realized Brooke's hair didn't get done before we left. It was still bedhead mess... lovely pregnancy hormones right?! Well, I was going to drop off everyone and my Dad was going to park, but I ended up doing a "no-no" and crept in and parked in handicap because I would rather pay a ticket than rather miss him walking in. Luckily when we came out there was no ticket! YEAH! ;) We ended up walking in right as Danny came in! PHEW! Danny was so cute, he was just grinning ear to ear the whole day.
My parents and brother came, and only due after a LOT of praying that the weather would lighten up for them to drive over. My mom and sister was in DC for a class 8th grade field trip. However, my mom was able to fly back early to come to the graduation. My grandparents (my dad's side in CO) had also driven over for it. Dave, Danny's brother, was cute and also came, but all the other siblings were busy and couldn't make it.
My Dad, my brother Collin and me watching the entrance.
GRADUATING!!! It was so fun to watch him go up and get his "diploma cover" since they mail out the real ones in 6 weeks.
I love his face in this picture... it's the face of "*sigh* I finally got it! I finally finished!"
One of the ways we kept Brooke entertained... give her a wipe and she'll go to town cleaning forever!!! These were the cleanest seats in the whole event center.
The bedhead mess... but still a cutie!
Leaving convocation...
Tickling me with his tassel.
Our cute little family!
When he came in, he was all sorts of happy/hyper/silly...I want to take an opportunity to tell you all how grateful I am for my husband. I want you to know how much I love and admire him. Danny has such a great ambition and determination to get something done once he puts his mind to it. I love his work ethic and willingness to stick out the ugly for our family. I love how much he values education. He is such a wonderful man and I love how he honors his priesthood. I am so proud of him and am so grateful I get to spend eternity with him. I love what a wonderful father he is. They (our kids) have a great role model to look up to. When I think back to my list I made in Young Women's about what I wanted in a future husband, he matches up to every factor I remember listing. Even all the little things. I love him with all my heart. Watching him graduate made me fall in love with him all over again.
Thank you to all the friends and family who have supported us and cheered us on from the beginning to get through this. As we were laying in bed the next morning basking in the great day we had before, I thought to myself "We have only planned up to this point in our life together. What now? (Besides find a job and have this baby of course...) It's so strange to think that his part of our life is over and accomplished. What a great goal it was for us both to get some sort of college degree. It wasn't easy, but things that are worth it, never are easy. I know we still have schooling ahead of us, I eventually would like to get my bachelors degree, and Danny will eventually get his MBA or CPA, but that schooling won't be like this. We have had hard times, and great times. We have been dirt poor and literally counting our pennies, but I wouldn't have it ANY other way. This whole process, has made us stronger and brought not only our immediate family closer, but our extended family closer as well. It has also brought us closer to the Lord and made us more fully rely on Him and is infinite wisdom. Thank you again, to ALL those who have been there for us. We are truly grateful for the wonderful family and friends in our lives.
1 comment:
Those pictures totally took me back two years to Kendall's graduation! Congrats! I so remember how it feels, kind of wonderful and sad and surreal all at the same time. Good Job Danny on finishing!! And way to go Heather for being the good supportive wife who helped him get there!
Post a Comment