YUP! IT'S A BOY!
These ultrasound pictures are of our little man! There was NO MISTAKING it this time around...
We told our family we had pictures of the baby from the latest ultraound and told them it says what they're looking at in the bottom left corner. Yea... they were all shocked. We're so excited.
Now the story...I went to the hospital early Wed morning due to some severe pain in my lower right abdomen. I got to the hosptial around 5:00am and ended up not getting some relief until around 7:00 after my on-call Dr came and examined me. I then had an ultrasound on all my organs around 7:15-7:30 to try to determine where the source of the pain was coming from. Then around 10:15 I went for another ultrasound to check on baby. (Right after I got my second dose of narcotics...which totally made me loopy!) We were talking with the tech and she asked what we were having, we said girl and that she was going to be named Emily. Later in the ultrasound she started looking puzzled and asked again that we were having a girl... right before this (of course I'm on some narcotics for pain and was a little loopy), saw something on the ultrasound... and thought to myself "is that what I think it is?" She then told us, "umm... you're not having a girl. It's def a boy!" WHAT?! Yep, he is 4 lbs 5 oz currently (still in womb) and they pointed out he already has lots of hair! We are very excited. Very shocked...
I am now out of the hospital. They released me Wed around lunch time. They thought I would go home Tues night, but then I had a relapse and they thought Thurs morning, but I started having some contractions out of the blue when they put me on the monitor. They ended up running more tests that would check my probability that I would deliver in the next 2 weeks. They also had to check to see if I was dilating any... They all came back negative and home I went! They are thinking I had renal colic. Meaning, the baby is laying on my kidney so hard that it is backing up and causing the pain. I just had to get hydrated (via IV) and rest and it should clear up. There was the small chance that it is my appendix and it is in the beginning stages, hence one of the reasons they are kept me overnight, just in case something were to take a turn for the worst. But overall, I am feeling much better and am happy to be home.
I have some pictures I have been meaning to post, but haven't found the time. My mom and Dad got a new kitchen table and chairs and gave me theirs. I have been in the process of reapolstering and painting the chairs and re-doing the table. It's going to look AWESOME! I'll post pictures when I'm done....which who knows when that will be since I'm on orders to take it easy.
Until then...
I have some pictures I have been meaning to post, but haven't found the time. My mom and Dad got a new kitchen table and chairs and gave me theirs. I have been in the process of reapolstering and painting the chairs and re-doing the table. It's going to look AWESOME! I'll post pictures when I'm done....which who knows when that will be since I'm on orders to take it easy.
Until then...
4 comments:
I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit better. And we are so excited for you guys! I told Kendall last night "Danny and Heather decided to name the baby Spencer instead of Emily." He said "That's a weird name for a girl" and then totally smiled and said how excited he was for you guys to have a boy. :) So fun!
How funny. This is the first time it has happened to anybody I know! Boys sure are fun though. Guess you can move all those bins of little girl clothes to the back of the storage unit.... or to Greeley!
That is crazy. We are excited for you. Dan especially will love the world of boys.
so glad you're ok, and what a fun story to scrapbook! I'm so excited for you@
Post a Comment