I was super excited to actually use my newly done high chair! Tanner LOVES it..

Brooke help make brownies in our house for the first time... this was her favorite part... isn't it everyone's?!

In the morning, our routine generally is to set up camp in our room and we hang out there until lunch... usually... Tanner loves to just sit on our bed and play with all sorts of toys around him. He is always SOOO happy in the mornings.
One Saturday morning, we woke up to Brooke in our bathroom (she had gotten up without waking us) cutting her hair. Yes, I knew it was coming... I had caught her trying a couple days earlier... She luckily only did it on the side where it just looks like a continuation of her bangs...
It didn't look like a lot until you saw how much she really did cut off in the trash... oh-well! It'll grow back...
Again, I know I've said this before, but Brooke LOVES Tanner to DEATH! She totally mauls him over, he however totally LOVES IT!
This particular morning, we had the park to ourselves and so Mom and Brooke got to join in on the slide. Brooke would slide down and then climb back up to "catch our feet".
Brooke really wanted to down the slide with Tanner, I just didn't think it was such a good idea... So I let her hold him when she came down...
After the park, we went on a stroll around the neighborhood to see what we could find. There is a bridge across our house and I just thought it was over a little stream, nothing big. OH NO! It's quite the little river! Brooke LOVED it! I also spoke with one of our neighbors who was a director on the Parks & Recreation board and they are about to start a creek restoration project to make wadding areas and swimming things and such. We're really excited.
On our walk, we were really enjoying the area and scenery and all of the sudden I realized there was this great view of the creek and such and through the trees was OUR HOUSE! How cool is this picture! How cool that we have this literally across our street! Honest, that is our house... fun huh?!
In addition to Brooke getting into the scissors, she found some old ruby red lipstick... I think she was going for a "Joker" impersonation. What do you think?!Now that her hair is getting longer, I have been able to play with it a little more. We have found some fun hairstyles. Brooke usually finds the one she wants on the blogs we look at and then lets me do it while she watches Netflix. I think we have a great system worked out. This hair style was one of our favorites. It stayed in for DAYS! It was awesome.
One night, while getting the kids ready for bed, Dan decided to "backwards night". So we put Tanner in Brooke's bed... He loved it.
...and got Brooke ready the way Tanner gets ready... hehe... She really doesnt need a diaper change (obviously) Dan just mimic'd what he does with Tanner. Brooke just giggled...
Brooke's favorite lullaby to sing is "Edelweiss" and Aunt Haley learned it on the piano. She ended up playing it for her recital, so we thought it would be cute to put Brooke in a little Austrian outfit and have her sing along. We thought she would totally chicken out and be shy... NOPE! Not my girl! She totally sang the whole thing in front of 15-20 people. It was so cute.

At the end of April, we got the worst phone call at 11:00pm. Dan's sister Laura, called to tell us that his other sister, Wendy had passed away. Long story short, Wendy was 32, and 8 months pregnant with a little girl. They both passed away just days apart from each other. This truly has been one of the hardest things our family (in whole) has had to deal with. I will put another post up, hopefully soon with what happened. Until then, feel free to read Denny, Wendy's husband, side of the story. He updates their blog regularly. http://dennyandwendy.blogspot.com
Minus the tragedy of Wendy and Maylee, our month of May was great! How was yours?





No comments:
Post a Comment