(Although the Rockies game was that week, it was on purpose for my birthday, I just like to think it really was! ;)
My sib's and us at the game

It was tons of fun, however we didn't get on the "Jumbotron" this time because we were in the shadows. Thats okay. I still had a great time embarrassing Dan (hard to think that I could actually do huh?!) He even went and sat somewhere else too...
The actual morning of my birthday Brooke and Daddy brought me breakfast in bed and they told me we had a surprise we had to go check out. Turns out it was a DOG!!! :D Dan had been emailing a guy he found on craigslist, about a 7 month old beagle girl. He was asking $150 for her and all her equipment. He said that was too much and he could only really afford $50. The guy emailed him back saying that would be fine if we wanted her. We just wanted to go check her out before we committed to anything. We were smitten with her from the second they opened the door! Shes adorable! She is papered and a pure-bred beagle. She was potty trained and knows (although doesn't always obey) your basic commands. The people were living in a 1 bedroom apt and knew she needed a yard and space to play and they were holding her back. We took her home with us that morning!Putting her in the kennel to go home... Brooke was IN LOVE! She LOVES the pets our UT family all have and would just play with them like crazy. There has been no exception here...

Meet Sophie!

Meet Sophie!

We got home and for my birthday my family offered to take the kids for the day so I could paint and re-do furniture undisturbed... We didn't tell them we got Sophie until they arrived. Needless to say, we just played with her all afternoon and my Dad drove me to Petco to get our "essentials" for her. It was a great birthday!
Dan trying to mow the lawn, but getting a little distracted by playing with Sophie and Brookie.
Dan trying to mow the lawn, but getting a little distracted by playing with Sophie and Brookie.
Later that evening, my family and some of our friends all came over for some pizza picnic BBQ. I could eat pizza for every meal!
I also got a bookshelf I've been wanting for our new house! I was super excited to see that it came with a subscription to "Better Homes and Garden"!

Brooke LOVES Sophie. They totally play and wrestle and get along so great! Its been super nice to have a permanent playdate friend here! ;) Sure does give me a break at times!


1 comment:
We are awful friends, happy birthday, months late. I am so glad to hear that it was a fun one.
Post a Comment