Here are a couple things we did:
{I FINALLY finished my 1900's dresser... which I still love. It is now going to be the baby's dresser}
{On the 4th we decided to do something different. We went to the "Airplane Park" off Belleview. It was a blast playing in the stream and eating Subway!}
{After the park, we went to my parents house for a BBQ and a little water balloon volleyball! I got nail by Collin and my Grandma was tying a balloon and it exploded. We both said it really was an inside job!}
{The kids just ran around in the backyard loving it all. Brooke on the right is showing off her new dance move she came up with all on her own}
{Tanner loves shoes... here he is wearing Uncle Collins}
{Almost everytime we go to my parents house the kids make cookies with my Mom. They absolutely LOVE helping pour and take turns cooking.. but their favorite part is "snitching"}
{This was an awesome moment for me... I was babysitting 6 other kids in addition to my 2 while being prego! I got them all sitting down and happy eating lunch together! I was so proud of myself I had to take a picture! :) }
{One weekend in July, my parents (as a thank you for doing the 3 weeks of 3 different jobs while they were in Europe) paid for us to go away for a weekend. We decided to go to Blackhawk! We stayed at the Ameristar and enjoyed the John Wayne slot machine, Dan's first take on a blackjack table, an all you can eat buffet and of course the wonderful hot tub and firepit on the roof! On Saturday we did drive up to Breckenridege and ate crepes as well as walked Main Street. It was so nice to be away just the 2 of us!
This was Dan's winnings from .10 on the John Wayne slots!}
{Dan had his first crab legs and I couldn't get enough of the mashed potatoes and gravy!}
{This little fun activity was an attempt on a pinterst thing I saw. It was called bubble snacks. Brooke loved it, but her friend couldn't get his lungs to blow hard enough and he was sad. Also, after letting them go pop the bubbles, Tanner ended up with dish soap all in his eyes... I would consider this a Pinterest success and then FAIL!}
Brooke and Tanner became great little buddies over the summer. I would constantly catch them playing and laying together. This was one point where they were just laying on the couch and Brooke was singing to him.}
{Here they're playing an iPad game together}
{We found Brooke like this one day at my Mom's house... just laying on the counter playing my Mom's iPhone...}
{For my birthday we just did a little family dinner and had my favorite strawberry shortcake! We did a family tradition of shoving cake in the face after singing and well....
...Tanner did NOT like it! He was so worried that I was hurt, but yet would NOT go to me until my face was clean! (You can see the worry in Dan's face about this all)}
{My wonderful Grandparents!}
July was also a hard month for us. We found out that Dan would be losing his job in August. They were giving him 4 weeks to find a new job before they cut him loose. We were totally freaked, worried, scared, etc... It seems he only looses his job when I get pregnant. He had at least 3-5 interviews a week through the end of Sept until he finally landed a job. However, he did finally land a job... in Grand Junction. Originally, it was suppose to be a "work-from-home" job, but turned out it wasn't going to be that. For those not familiar with where that is... it's 4 hours away from where we are now. I will update our plan in a later post...
How was your July?!























No comments:
Post a Comment