Wednesday, March 5, 2008

DR APPT UPDATE!

So I went to the doctor last Thursday and he checked my cervix for the first time. I am 1 1/2cm dialated (you need to get to 10) and I am 60% efaced (you need to get to 100%)! He was surprised that I was that far along for being a first time mom is what he told me.

I have been having several contractions everyday. Nothing too bad... however we are hoping the little one will stay in until the 14th at the very least! This way we will be able to get more of our gap insurance money. (If it is born after the 1st but before the 14th we would receive $4500, but if it's born after the 14th we would receive $10,825!) Needless to say we are very anxious for that money. But whenever it's ready, it's ready... the Lord will take care of us.

I told Danny that if it starts happening I am NOT going to stop it. I am VERY anxious for this baby to come, more for the fact of I DON'T WANT TO BE PREGGO ANYMORE! It is an amazing experience don't get me wrong, but I am MISERABLE! I think the Lord makes you miserable at the end for a reason, because if you were content in just being preggo, you wouldn't be as excited or anxious for the baby to get here! I can't do ANYTHING without getting winded (I don't know how you moved during this Debbie BTW) and I am totally nesting and really want to clean EVERYTHING, but my family is all nervous about some of the fumes of the products I want to use... such as spider killer, lime-a-way, etc... I have a VERY long list of all these things I want to get done before the baby... it's slowly coming along. However, I cannot bring myself to pack the hospital bag...weird I know... That to me is just so surreal and weird! I know I need to, but everytime I go to do it...something else comes up... oh-well I guess I will pay for it later if I don't get it done in time.

Thanks to all those who have helped me with things and have offered to help! It means a lot that Martha would install a new faucet for me and my aunt would come down to clean out my window wells and dust my house... It really does help get me in a good mind set and calmed down.

Only 2 1/2 more weeks guys!! I have another DR appt tomorrow...I'll let you know how I'm progressing...or if I have... cross your fingers for me!

No comments: