Friday, April 10, 2009

Brooke's 1st Birthday Party!

So, I've totally been slacking in putting up pictures from Brooke's 1st Birthday Party! So here is me trying to get on the ball!

We woke up with the little girl and decided to make her some Birthday panCAKES, since we thought she was too young to eat breakfast in bed, we let her sit on the counter.
I was even able to get a candle from the dollar store that sang, but BOY, was it off pitch! It made me sound like an American Idol!

She wasn't sure what to do with the candle, she just stared at it. We finally blew it out.

It took her a second to dig in, but once she did, she got goin!

She loved taking a handful and squeezing it in her hand, and then eating it. Her is her "victory" squeeze.

Since Brooke has been OBSESSED with Nemo for the past year, it was only appropriate that would be the theme of her party. I decided to make a smash cake, just for her in the shape of Nemo. I made banana bread as her cake and baked it in a football pan. Then just did icing around the board for the fins.

I was VERY pleased with how it turned out. I couldn't have done it w/o my mom and her cake decorating kit! THANKS MOM!

This is the cake we made for everyone else to eat. It was actually the same flavor as our wedding cake, Poppyseed! Mmm... it was so good!


This was the best picture I have of her little birthday outfit. She looked so dang cute!


This is us in front of the "Jellyfish Forrest"

NOW...the decorations. I had SO much fun planning this and decorating. I know she wont remember this, but I wanted to go all out! Here is the view from the front door looking into the party. Can you see Marlen and Dori in the midst of all the Jellyfish?
I had TONS of balloons and some were tied in strings, they are suppose to look like bubbles.

I then hung celaphan from the ceiling so you got an "under the sea" kind of feel. There is also some green string on there to look like seaweed!

We opened Grandma Ne-Ne and Grandpa's present before cake. (Mommy knew it was a sassy seat and would need it for the cake eating) She looks so cute though!

We had just about 40 people over and all the attention was on Brooke (especially with her newly acquired trick of walking). She didn't like the attention all on her and became VERY clingy to me and Danny. It took some reading of books to calm her down finally.

If any of you know the Kimballs, they have their own birthday song. It's a little lengthy, but so fun. Brooke got a little ancy by the time we were done singing to her. At first, she would only pick the icing off the board, but after her warming up we got her to dig in.

Litterally, and no I did NOT put her head in the cake!


It amazed me how a LITTLE black icing can COMPLETELY taint everything. But she didn't mind, so I guess I didn't either. I had changed her into a onesie that I didn't mind if it got stained.

She was too into eating her cake that she didn't even smile.

I love how you can see the finger marks in the icing on the cake.

Danny and Grandma KK helping serve the "everyone elses" cake.

Grandma Ne-Ne and Grandpa with the little birthday girl!

The finished product, the gutted fish....

It took everything, but throwing her in the washer to clean her off!

Just a LITTLE preview of what came out of it...

I love this little dress, and her arms sticking out of it. (Even though it snowed that day, she still needed to wear her cute little Spring/Easter dress.)

One of her presents from Mom and Dad, was her very first Princess Jamies.

She had TWO favorite toys she got... her phone...

and her ball... she STILL loves them...

I just loved all the cute clothes she got!


Overall, her birthday was a HUGE success. I had SO much fun planning and decorating. My dad (Grandpa) just laughed the entire time, muttering under his breath, "lets see her do this for the 4th kid!" You just wait Dad, you just wait!

If anyone wants help planning or decorating, let me know! It's so fun to me! (P.S. If you want, I'll even make the cake!)

1 comment:

Kendall and Melissa said...

Wow Heather! All I can say is Wow! What fun! Where did you fit all of those people! We had this super quiet little bday party for Sadie. Well, quiet compared to yours, but nothing around our house is ever "quiet" anymore. Ask anyone who calls on the phone. My most common question is "would it be better if I called back later?" to which I say, "No, this is about how it always is." Funny kids.