To start off the day, Danny and I ran the Freedom Run 5K race. I thought since I did the triathlon, and within that, I ran .2 miles short of a 5K AFTER biking and swimming that this would be easy. OH NO! It was so much harder! I don't know why either. There was a monster of a hill on the last mile, but still. Weird... Anyways, this was the start and we got to run along most of the parade route, so there were TONS of people cheering us on... it was great. Well, me being the creative type, I made a little extra something to wear while I ran... scroll down.
This picture below is after we finished... notice I'm number 711... I wanted to go to 7-eleven to see if I could get a free slurpee since they "sponsored" me and all!
So if you remember last year.... same thing again. At the parade, we saw the winners of the contest coming down. SO....
It was hilarious... I love the look that the girls are giving each other here. "Um, seriously, this is embarressing. What are our dad's doing to us?!" BTW, Brooke and Jules are 6 days apart!
The fam that all came to watch the parade. I think it's against the 4th of July NOT to go to a parade...

After the parade, we went up to Mutual Dell up the AF canyon and had a picnic lunch with a game of ultimate frisbee. We also did some zip lining we found up there, which was FREE! So fun.
After that, we all went to a school yard to watch the Thanksgiving Point Fireworks. We did some more frisbee and kite flying and eating... of course! (Note: again... can you tell they're related?)
So a little story behind this picture... notice above we were on the grass...well we noticed as we were waiting that the sprinklers were all coming on in front of the school and they were slowing getting closer. The girls, (Mare, Brooke and I) all were nervous about getting wet during it. So we moved our stuff to the pavement. EVERYONE thought we were being paranoid, but in the end, they decided to come join us. However, the other people around us just were anxious for us to move to get our spot. We had a really good spot. Well, LITTERALLY as the GRAND FINALE of the fireworks is going, the sprinklers came on. IT WAS SUCH GREAT, SWEET SATISFACTION THAT WE WERE RIGHT AFTER ALL. So, this picture is Brooke and Nate doing their "uh-oh! they came on!" face. It was great.

No comments:
Post a Comment