Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Camping

We decided to go camping with my family a couple weeks ago. They have a pop-up trailer that is so nice to go "real" camping. We went up past Bailey to a place that had a creek just a short walk away. We meant to get there around dinner time on Tuesday, but got held back by a few things and didn't get in until almost 9:00. Not to mention one of the things that held us up was Brookie getting car sick for the first time!!! I couldn't believe it. About half way up, she said "My tummy hurts." I looked back and she was getting pale. We had stopped at McD's for a little hamburger for her but she barely even touched it. So, for about 20-25 min I held the bag to her face. We had to stop a couple times because we thought she was going to loose it or have an accident. Finally when we were 10 minutes out from the site, she started drooling and I knew it was coming. Luckily most of it landed in the bag, but we had to pull over on the dirt road to clean her up. I couldn't believe how much better she immediately looked and acted after we got her all cleaned up. Next time... I think we'll be finding some Dramamine for her... Poor girl takes after her mommy...

So when we got there we did a quick set up and ate some soup and headed to bed. I was initially not going to go camping being 34 weeks pregnant at the time, and worried my renal colic would come back, but decided to rough it out and go. Can I tell you how much I LOVE sleeping in the mountains in the cool air! I woke up with no covers so comfortable, only to look over and see everyone bundled under their blankets and sweats and layers... I laughed. It felt SOOO good though. To give you an idea, it was around 50 degrees at night...

The next morning my Dad got up and made everyone pancakes, and of course Brookie wanted to help stir....

Haley and her friend Emily, slept in the tent... they dug a trench around it... This is Brookie helping with that...

Since we have potty trained Brooke, I decided to bring our training toilet with us instead of having to hike her to the outhouse every time. It came in SO handy... and was the source of many laughs...


Brooke LOVED the hammocks.

My Dad brought his pellet gun and Danny brought some old spray paint cans... they had some fun. Brooke even got to shoot (obviously) and loved it. It was quite funny.

I also loved this hammock... it has speakers built in to plug your iPod into... One of the conditions that my family said if I were to come, I wouldn't have to do anything! Totally loved hanging out...

Brooke loved to come cuddle with me too... I didn't get much reading done...

My little munch face... popcorn above... doughnut below...

and now sharing pudding with mommy...

like I said... Brooke loved the hammocks. She isn't asleep here, just cuddling.

I however am asleep here... love all my pillows?!

Brooke is asleep here... She slept for over an hour in the hammock.


I love her little cute dirty toes...

While she was asleep... I became a woman possessed with the gun. I guess it was all my pregnancy hormones from carrying a boy... notice how my mom is the one knitting and I'M the one with the gun... ;)

waiting for my next target to come...

Brooke woke up in the middle of it and so I went back to my motherly instincts... lol...

but then saw one... and out came the gun again while I was holding my little bedroom eyed girl...

After Brooke woke up more, we decided to go down to the creek and play in the water...


The water was so cool and nice and Brooke loved to splash in it.

My mom took her walking around and Brooke LOVED it! She kept wanting to go deeper and deeper and eventually even got it up to her hips, but we had to stop her from going any further... She was not too happy about that one.


again... wanting to go deeper...

The crew in the creek!


My dad dared my mom to sit in the creek. It was really cold at this part and she was fully dressed! Go mom!

Then Danny did it shirtless... trying to act like it was no big deal. So we kept daring him...

to lay down...

there's more of a reaction!!

Then he got silly and started posing as Ariel on the rock...

and swimming in it...

Meanwhile, Brooke and I just sat on a rock and watched! (I was also having some contractions...)

Brooke was so cute just playing in the water...

We came back and did smores and tin foil dinners. SO YUMMY! Here I made my own little table... I'm so crafty!


Grandpa and Brookie camping under her blanket.

Snuggling by the campfire with Grandpa

Falling asleep with Daddy...

This was the last morning we were there. She was SO dirty and we were trying to get a picture of just how dirty her face and hands and feet were...


None of these even do it justice.

Our little campsite!
On the way home, Brooke did NOT get sick! YEAH! Plus, our A/C in the car worked the whole way up! (Our compressor is starting to go out...yikes!) We stopped by Coney Island on our way home and had some yummy food. It was so fun. Too bad we can't go out again before little brother comes... he's due anytime between now and 3 weeks!

No comments: