My boy turned 1 in August! I can't believe how fast the year went by! I feel like I was kinda jipped out of some of it! We bought the house, we re-did a LOT of the house and it took quite literally month, we were out of town during the summer on average every 6 weeks, and then before I knew it, he was a year! Seriously, can someone hit rewind? Or maybe just pause?!
Tanner is such a sweet and sensitive boy. I'll do a different post for him later.
For his birthday, Dan's parents flew in and spent a couple days with us.
First up, we hit the zoo. My sweet boy loves to be outside. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have known the difference between the zoo or the park, but none the less, I chose the zoo. Although none of my siblings came, both our parents did. It was quite fun to have BOTH our parents there with us for the day.
{My sweet birthday boy!}
{Tanner and Grandma Sugar! They had lots of fun and lots of time to make up for since they were on their mission when he was born}
{Part of the gang watching for the hippo to surface from under the water}
{Like father, like son...}
{Grandma pushing the kiddos!}
{Daddy and the birthday boy!}
{We stopped and had a picnic lunch that I had packed by the elephants (one of Brooke's favorite things to see!}
{My dad made quite the fun ride out of the wagon and cooler... Just watch the video at the bottom... It makes me giggle!}
{Tanner was so tired, he just fell asleep in the stroller walking around.}
{Mommy and Brooke riding the "zebra" (thats what she calls the carousal, I wonder why?!) ;)}
{It was quite a warm day (duh, it's August!) and so we were grateful when we got to go inside to see some animals. We actually were able to watch a full huge gorilla swing on the ropes. It was cool!}
{I couldn't think of a "theme" for his birthday this year, since he really isn't into any movies or a particular toy, etc... So we did orange, blue and green polka dots. I made a separate cake for Tan to tear into and then cake balls for the rest of us so I didn't have to worry about cutting up a cake for everyone else. They were way yummy! }
{Also, as one of the decorations, I made a year time line of his life. Each clip had a number 0-12, and I got a picture with that correlating month... (e.g. 0=picture of him at birth, 6=him at 6 months, etc...) It turned out so cute and I have yet to take it down... I just like looking at it all the time.}
{Tanner with his Grandma's}
{the gift table with some more of my favorite pictures of him...}
{We had some family and our good friends the Riewerts, come for dinner. We made the infamous "j-dawgs"}
{Even though he doesnt get the "presents" part (and probably wont for a while) i still like watching him take it all in.}
{His new toy baskets for his room from Grandma GG!}
{Tanner TOTALLY dug into the cake as opposed to Brookie's poking it when she turned 1}
{He absolutely loved it}
{Yes, he destroyed HALF of his "bundt"cake}
{So after cake, we stripped him down and let him crawl in the grass...}
{A total mes...}
{Of course after that, we needed a bath and very naturally, Brooke jumped in too. They're such great playmates!}
{My parents gave Tanner a sweet little wagon for his birthday. He LOVES it. Of course he does though, he LOVES being outside!}
This is the movie of my Dad and Brooke on the wagon at the zoo... They went down the hill and got some good speed too!
Overall, the birthday was VERY fun. Everything went well and now I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old! This... is crazy! Happy Birthday TAN! We sure love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment