Monday, November 24, 2008

Brookie is 8 months old!

Brookie is now 8 months old as of yesterday! So want to brag a little bit about my little girl... I cannot believe how fast time is going.  In just a couple more months she’ll be a year old!  That seems just unreal to me!  I love being her mom and cannot imagine any other little spirit with our family right now!  She just brightens our day!  My favorite thing during the day is going in to get her out of her crib when she wakes up, either from a nap or in the morning and she usually has gotten her arms out of her swaddle and is playing with her binky.  Then when she sees I’ve come in to get her she kicks her feet up and down like crazy and her arms just flap and she gets the biggest grin.  I LOVE it.  Here are some things about Brookie right now:

  • She still looks a TON like Dad, but in recent viewings of old home movies of mine, she has my eyes, my smile and cries like me!  lol... YA!!!
  • She is still in size 3 diapers
  • She wears 9 month tops and 12 month bottoms
  • She weighs around 18 lbs
  • She is about 27" long!
  • Still loves Finding Nemo
  • Still has NO teeth, but most likely will be changing in the next couple days.  2 are working their way up.
  • Hates her car seat
  • Is starting separation anxiety a little...
  • Can drink from a sippy
  • Takes 3 naps (ya for me!)
  • Is a great little travel buddy
  • Knows airport security better than most people
  • Is a GREAT little eater, however she HATES Chicken & Rice Dinner
  • Is becoming a little dare devil in going for things out of her reach
  • Has to lay her head down on the ground in order for her to reach something in front of her (hilarious...)
  • She has to wait til she's 3 for dairy (or cows milk products), eggs, nuts and honey due to our families high allergy history
  • LOVES being outside, whether is 90 degrees or 30 degrees.
  • LOVES MOST dogs
  • She is FINALLY to a point where all I need to do to put her to bed is swaddle her with her arms down and give her binky and then leave the room! LOVE IT!
  • She LOVES playing with high priced items such as jewelry, remotes, cell phones... we're in trouble...

She still sleeps through the night swaddled, but usually breaks free by morning... (she also doesn't like being woken up by the flash either...)

She loves Green Beans, Peaches, Prunes, Bananas, Squash and Applesauce.

Her hair is long enough now to do a pony at the top of her head, like Pebbles.

She LOVES bath time and LOVES to splash! (She also loves sitting up in her chair in the bath instead of her laying down seat)

She LOVES listening to Danny play the guitar and loves watching him strum.

She has been on 13 plane rides in the 8 months she's been alive.  The shortest being 1 hour and the longest being 5 hours. She will also watch Finding Nemo on my iPod.

She loves eating and naughing on real people food, like french fries!

She will go into a crawl position, yet won't roll over...

As you can see, she HATES rolling over, even when I help her...

But she LOVES standing next to the couch and playing with remotes, cell phones and jewelry!  (We're in trouble)

I read in Parenting Magazine that "...the impatient, intense, irritable babies were always the ealry crawlers and walkers..." So I guess we can hold out a little bit longer. However, I don't believe that to be true in every case.  Just an interesting quote I found. 

I can't believe how big my little girl is now!  Happy 8th month Birthday hunny!  So many people love you!

1 comment:

Kendall and Melissa said...

She is such a doll. It is really fun to read all these things about Brooke and see the similarities and the differences between her and Mercedes. Macie is 8 months old today!! Yeah!! They grow up too fast. I really need to call you, it's been a while since we talked! Hope you guys are doing well in your new place and all.