Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Brooke turns 3!!!

My darling daughter turned 3 on March 23. I can't believe I have been her mother for 3 years now! Wow...

This year, after much deliberation, we settled on a Toy Story 3 party... since she loves Toy Story and the fact that she was turning 3. Perfect, eh!?

So me, being my 110 self... (some of you understand that...) I found cake pops that were shaped like Evil Dr. Porkchop and Mr. Potato Head! I absolutely loved them and knew they would be easier for the kiddos to eat during the party and such... They turned out soooooo cute!

I made these the day before... including naps and feedings and meal, etc... they took me 11 hours to make...
But look... TA-DA! Aren't they adorable?!


Mr. Potato Head

Hamm or Evil Dr. Porkchop (or Evil Dr. Chop as Brookie calls him)

The next morning, Brookie woke up to lots of balloons all over the floor in the Family Room. She came running in our room saying "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! THERE'S LOTS OF BALLOONS! COME LOOK!" I think, SHE thinks someone like "santa" came overnight to deliver them for her birthday...

Tanner loved all the balloons and commotion.

Brookie LOVED all the decorations too...

For her Birthday breakfast, we make panCAKES with vanilla yogurt on top with bacon. Her favorite. We put candles in them and sang to her. She wasn't so sure what to think of all our singing...

Her friend party started at 11:00. She just had her two best pals over, Lucy and Colton. We wanted to try to keep it to as many kids as how many years she is... Plus, one of her favorite babysitters Jessica came. (*side story: Jessica told Brooke Happy Birthday on Sunday when she saw her. Jessica mention she wished she could come to her party after Brooke told her what was going on that week. So, we decided to make a trip over to her house and give her an invitation to come. Jessica was so cute and came with a present for her and all.) They all came and played with the balloons for a bit.

They all got Toy Story "body stickers" (aka: tattoos)

Brookie LOVED her Woody one!
(Yes, she does have some make-up on... she got some "eyes" and "cheeks" for her special day.)

We then colored pictures of the Toy Story gang.

They then got to play the game "pin the badge on the Sheriff and Space Ranger". Brooke refused to wear her blindfold. They all got candy necklaces as their prize for the game.
(I love this picture...)

While Daddy ran and got "Pizza Planet" pizza, we watched a little of Toy Story 3. I looked over after I got it going and saw this sweet thing...

They were then able to have a picnic with their "Pizza Planet" pizza while watching the movie.

After lunch, we opened presents.

Brookie and Colton. She tells me all the time "Mommy, I'm going to marry Colton!" It's darling. Colton's mom, Gina, told me, when she dropped him off, that Colton said to Gina "Mom, I wanna go play with my girls!" SO CUTE! They have been all having regular Monday morning playdates lately... so it's been so cute to watch their friendships develop.

Brookie and her best girl, Lucy!

We then had cake pops. We put 3 candles in Evil Dr. Chop's head and sang happy birthday. (Yes, even Mommy got a "body sticker")

Blowing out the candles...

After the cake, we all went outside to hit the pinata while the Mom's came to pick them up.
Brooke didn't quite understand what we were doing, nor what was inside. Hence why the bat was upside down in her hand...

Colton totally understood though... he has an older brother. ;)

Lucy did too... they did great!

But... alas it was finally Aunt Haley that busted it! (In the background you can see Jessica, one of Brookie's favorite babysitters.)

All the kiddos gathering their goods, in their Toy Story cups... Kaede, Colton's older brother helped him.

The cute kiddos with their loots...

After the party, the family (& sweet babysitter Jessica) took Brookie to go see Tangled at the dollar theater. I took this picture in the dark and then lightened it up... I love how Daddy and Brookie have almost the same expression while eating their popcorn. Cute!

Jessica was a doll and took a picture of us at the theater after.

When we got home, I made a sheet cake for Brookie to dig into. She had originally asked for a "pink" cake, but I didn't want to make Strawberry cake pops. So...

Aunt Katie, from Greeley, is a WONDERFUL baker (and cook) helped me with this. We ran out of red frosting, so it's pink... oh well! I thought it turned out pretty dang close to the "3" in Toy Story 3...

We had a family party that night with Brooke's favorite foods... Mostly more pizza. It was definitely quite a change of pace from last last 2 parties we've had in Utah. With all of Dan's family over there, there wasn't quite the attendance this time, as there was before. Nonetheless, it was fun to have Uncle Mark, Aunt Katie and Rodney join us from Greeley, plus Uncle Blake and Auntie Star. My grandparents, unfortunately, were sick and couldn't make it. We certainly missed them, but appreciate them not bringing the germs over! ;)

We opened all her presents... she was quite the spoiled little girl too... ;)


She got new Toy Story *cough-boy-jammies-cough*... and a new princess chair and princess blanket.

We then sang Happy Birthday and had cake... mostly Brookie and Rodney had cake... We had cake pops...

Taking a bite...

Licking the icing... that was about all she did...

The cake after Brookie was finished...
Overall, the day was a big success! We had so much fun and Brooke slept VERY well that night. We missed all of you who couldn't celebrate with us, but we know you were there in spirit!

No comments: