Well, I don't want this post to become a source of political debates or such...so there is my disclaimer!
On Feb 6th, the night before the CO caucus, Mitt Romney had a rally at a high school that was quite close to us. So Heather and I decided to be ambitious and attend! We got there all early in anticipation of it being crowded and busy. Turns out we didn't need to be so early... :) That's ok though! We still had fun! The husbands joined us after work. We packed activities and a picnic dinner for the kids. It was really quite a fun experience to be apart of! I'm so glad we went. I saw A TON of people I knew there, including my awesomely politically involved Grandma!
Left: waiting and eating!
Right: Tanner wanted to get in on the action! He knows how to do it!
Below: I saw this sign that made me laugh "Colorado loves Mitt and Tebow" :) This was of course before he was traded when we got Manning!
Below: My 2 cuties waiting!
Mitt when he came and gave his speech! It was so cool to see him in
person!
what the kids did during the rally. Read books! :)
Below left: Tanner getting a better view of hopefully the next President!
Below right: Brooke and I!
NOW ON TO....VALENTINES DAY!
We started off the day with heart shaped pancakes!
Then at lunch, when Dan met the family at Macaroni Grill, I did my traditional heart attacking of his car! :)
We then went around and delivered valentines to all our friends. If you look close, Brooke's hair is braided into a heart! :)
Then I made us a really nice dinner! and we even used our wedding china for the first time! :)
I made Mongolian Beef, boy was it YUMMY!
The BEAUTIFUL flowers Dan brought home for me! I love my Valentine! :)
We decided instead of getting all wrapped up in the jewelry and gifts and such that the media likes to push on you for Valentines Day, we were going to do what my parents did with us growing up. We give each other a book. :) I usually find a Children's book for the kids about how much we love them or about love and giving. :) I really like the idea. Dan got Dave Ramsey's book and I got 1776. :)
Brooke didn't want to stay in her V-day outfit, she wanted to get in her jammies... can you blame a girl!? :)
Oh, the kids got mac 'n cheese... Steak is too good to waste on them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment