Thursday, February 19, 2015

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012 was a wonderful one.  I had never felt closer to the Spirit at that time of year and more in tune with how Mary must have felt. Since Dan went back to work the night we came home from the hospital, with is Holiday PTO and normal PTO he accrued, he was able to take 2 weeks off.  It was glorious to have him home with us so much.  

Christmas Eve was spent with our Christmas Eve dinner at my Grandma's.  We have a ham dinner and open presents from cousins and Grandparents.  It's so fun to be all together. 

Little outfits from Grandma GG for Wendy! I love little baby girl clothes!
Brookie got a "Paris" dress from Grandma GG.
This next pictures are of a joke that has developed into a running family inside joke.  Oh my heavens it was great.  One Sunday several weeks before, my Grandma came to our Sacrament mtg to watch the Primary Program. She sat next to Dan, and him being his fun self, leaned over and smelled my Grandma. His comment went something like this, "OHH! You smell nice!"... a while later... "You smell so good!".  He was totally having fun with her.  Well my Christmas gift turned out to be the lotion and body spray she was wearing that day.  Her idea was so he could enjoy smelling me!!! It was SOOO funny when we put it all together and she told us the reasoning behind it all.  My family went on to say that my Grandpa has some competition with Danny now and so on...
The moment we realized the connection to this lotion I'm smelling!
My Aunt had to muffle some of my Uncles comments because they were going down hill FAST!
My grandma/grandpa gave the boys all the same PJ pants.  They love matching. ;)
Brooke's first velour suit!
2 years later, she still wears this!
Wendy's Christmas outfit.  My little present.
I love her stretches.
Grandma snuggling with Wendy!
My girls!
Biggest to smallest...
Christmas jammies!
My THREE kids in Christmas jammies!
Putting out cookies and carrots for Santa/reindeer!
SANTA CAME!
Tanner's car mat from Santa!
Brookie's Princess Jammies she asked for from Santa!

Daddy got an Apple TV!
Brookie also got make-up! ah!!
Tanners robe and jammie set.  He looks like my little Heff!

Milk coma!
Haley opening her gift.  A mustache pillow I made for her.
"Heavy Hang-over" with the presents.
For the past SEVERAL months I had been wanting a leather recliner I fell in love with at Costco.  It was definitely out of our price range.  I had been trying to get everyone to go in on it together.  Finally when I thought I had talked everyone into it, we found out they were sold out at Costco! BOO!  I was so sad.  Then Christmas Day, after going to lay Wendy down, I came downstairs to this in the family room!
My reaction...
THEY GOT THE RECLINER! 
With my new chair and blanket, I was leaving this spot for days!
Christmas was so magical that year.  So cozy and a great time I could "cocoon" myself in for days before the storm came.... (aka: selling the house I loved and moving somewhere I knew no one.)

No comments: