Thursday, February 19, 2015

December 2012

Well Danny has been BEGGING me to update the blog.  I'm not so sure on why, but I had a couple hours this morning and thought I'd at least do a post or two. You know... I'm only what 2 years behind now?  Thats not NEARLY as bad as how behind I am scrapbooking! eek! It will mostly consist of pictures rather than much journaling. So here it goes...

December 2012 was eventful for our family with the arrival of Miss Wendy.   We also managed to do some fun things too before and after she came on the 13th! :)


Denver's Parade of Lights! We got hot chocolate and watched the parade.  


 Tanner was TERRIFIED of some of the floats.  It was pretty funny.

We went to the Nutcracker downtown as girls! It was Brooke's first time to the ballet.

Our good friends, the Riewerts, had their baby too!  Little William Bradley!
 I can post this now, but Dan and I knew Wendy was a girl through the whole pregnancy. We didn't tell anyone except my parents.  So while I knew, I made a couple girl items for her.  This quilt was one of them.  I LOVE it.  I love owls and love the colors this had.  I had bought a bunch of owl fabric I found, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it until I had done a grey and yellow quilt with this same pattern.  I took the fabric to the store and the sweet ladies at Holly's Quilt cabin helped me match fabrics to it!  I then took it to my friend, Ruth Anderson.  She quilted it for me on her huge quilting machine.  She even quilted Wendy's name into it, "Wendy Lauren Kimball". 
Wendy's baby quilt I made.

Tanner fell asleep like this at Walmart in the cart. He can literally sleep anywhere.

About a week before Wendy came, we went and saw Santa in the Street of Southglen. (Best Santa ever!)

My cute kiddies ready for church!
 This next picture was of the kids playing around on my bed.  They usually would come in and lay with me or play with their toys on the bed while I took my time to get up and wake up.  This was the morning I had woken early to some early contractions!  Little did I know we would have our little girl that night!
This was the morning right before I went into labor.

This was the day after I came home from the hospital.  Cuddling with Grandma!
 The first week we had Wendy home, my Mom came and stayed with me.  Dan had to go back to Grand Junction the night we came home.  It was so nice to have my mom with me to help make the transition easier from 2 to 3 kids. 

I love "bedroom eyes" and big "little" yawns.
About a week after Wendy was born a wonderful gal that I met came and took pictures of Wendy for me.  I was so excited to have these done!  She did a great job!
1st Christmas!
We caught a smile!
I love the little owl hat with the slight smile!
My Grandma (Mama Vera) came into town for New Years.  She was so excited to meet little Wendy while she was so new and tiny!
  
4 generations!
Snuggle time with Mommy!
Daddy had to soak up as much snuggles as he could since he was commuting back & forth to GJ.

Wendy's first Christmas! She just chilled in her swing!  She's such a good baby!
Christmas 2012 was one I wont forget.  Since Wendy was so little everyone came to our house to open gifts and have dinner that night.  Dan's parents even flew in on Christmas Day to spend a couple days with us and meet little Wendy! It was so nice and cozy. It was also the last Christmas in our first home with the move coming up.
Christmas 2012!
To say the kids only loved their sister, would be a HUGE understatement!

Wendy's first outing! Pei Wei for lunch on New Years Eve!
Even Grandpa got in on the snuggle time!
The infamous and traditional "I declare Eclair" for ringing in the New Year!

No comments: