Tuesday, July 29, 2008

4 month check-up

Brookie went to the doctor today for her 4 month check-up and another round of shots.  She was quite the trooper right up to the 4 pokes they gave her.  She didn't even spit out her Rotavirus Oral vaccination, unlike last time!  Danny was able to come this time because he has Tuesdays off so it was a little bit more helpful to have some support when I was ready to deck the nurse for hurting my little girl.  (Even though you know they are doing their job and don't like it either, you still get a little "mother hen" inside you from someone making your baby cry!)  I am all about vaccinations... I won't step on my soapbox for this one, but I really think they do more good than any bad.  Here are her little legs with the shots, as you can see, she isn't a happy girl today.  :(  
 






























Brookie is now offiicially 13.14 lbs and 25 inches long!  She is in the 50% for her weight (which is perfect!) and 74% for her height!  However, our little girl has a 17 inch circumference head, which puts her in the 97% for her head!  LOL... we laughed a that.  No wonder she struggles with lifting her head during tummy time! 

As many of you know, nursing has not been an easy thing for us and as of last week, Brookie is officially weened!  I am sad about this in a way because I really did want to try to go to a year, but it wasn't the best thing for us now.  Yes, there are GREAT benefits to nursing and I would never challenge that, but however I believe there to be a little too much pressure on mothers today for nursing.  I tried everything to get Brookie to nurse longer from herbal teas, to pumping after feeding her, but nothing worked.  For a while I truly felt like the "black sheep" and a bad mother for not nursing as much as my other friends and family are or have been.  But it truly wasn't until today when I spoke to my pediatrician about weening her early did I feel ok about it.  Power to those who have been able to do it, but for me I HATED IT!  Like a wise mother once told me, "NURSING SUCKS"!  LOL... anyways...

Brookie is as healthy as can be and I am so grateful for that and the fact that she is sleeping from 9:30pm- 8:00am!  Anyways, we'll keep you updated as always!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Deb Nott said...

Shots are the worst! It just breaks your heart doesn't it?
And, hey! Don't you DARE feel like a bad mom for weening! Every mom and every baby is totally DIFFERENT! You did what is right for you and your family and that is exactly what you should do! If I get any coupons for formula I will send them your way! GOOD LUCK!