Monday, January 19, 2009

She's goin, goin, GONE!

Brookie finally has become mobile much to my dismay.  Not only will she roll all around the room (or rooms if you let her).  But now she has an army crawl/inchworm crawl down.  She just started doing it this morning while we were showing Brookie's new tricks to my mom on Skype.  It is so funny to watch.  Brookie also pushed herself up from her tummy to sitting on her bum!  Good thing we lowered the crib last week.  She is quite pleased with herself.  The funny thing is, is what motivated her... a penny, a cell phone and jewelry.  I'm in BIG trouble.  lol...

In other news, she also has 5 teeth now!  3 on top and 2 on bottom.  It's so funny.  She has both side teeth and one of her front tooth on the top.  Two of them aren't QUITE visible yet, but they're there.  She cut them all within a day of each other.  Let's just say that week was anything but heavenly.  

Brookie also has  a brand new carseat!  I am so excited about this one because I got a STEAL of a deal on it.  It was normally $150 (before clearance) and I paid $26 including tax!  I got it at Babies 'R Us.  It was on clearance, and I had a coupon and several gift cards (including one I from an earlier transaction, buy 2 value boxes of diapers, get a $15 gift card)!  The only thing is it is a forward facing only carseat.  However, through much debating and researching, we decided we'll use it now.  She is over 20 lbs and is 10 months old and I am confident her neck and head muscles are strong enough.  She LOVES her new view.  It is VERY cute! 

8B05GLR2.jpg

1 comment:

Kendall and Melissa said...

I'm always too much of a chicken to turn my kids around early, but weight is never the issue. Sorry to hear that she's mobile, haha. It's so fun to see them doing new things, but it definitely makes things more difficult!