Saturday, March 13, 2010

Father/Daughter Sweetheart Ball

Back home in Colorado, they have an annual father/daughter sweetheart ball the weekend before Valentines Day. I went with my Dad twice when I was younger and since I've left he has taken my sister to it every year. It's been a fun tradition in our family.

This year, my Dad came up with the idea of Danny taking Brooke, and he (my dad) would take my sister and me. Well, this current semester Danny has a Saturday class, so we told he we couldn't go. He was pretty bummed. Well, a while later Danny and I were looking at the schedule and he said he would be able to miss that class. So we called my mom and began plotting our big surprise. Long story short, my mom got 3 of the last tickets for us and we drove over and surprised him. He was SOOO excited and so happy.

I don't have the pictures we took of all of us together before the dance or at Dinner at Olive Garden. But here are some from the evening once we got to "the ball".

It has been held at the Highlands Ranch Mansion every year and it's this HUGE, HUGE house (mansion) that is very old. Ask most people and they will tell you it's haunted.

Anyways, here is a bad picture of it... it's a lot bigger in real life.. but this was the best I could do.
To start off the evening, we went on a quick tour of the house. Well by tour I mean, Brooke ran crazy and we chased her...Haley looked for secret passage ways (which there are several) and I hide in closets to jump out and scare Haley when she went looking for a passage way (since she knows its haunted too). It was great. We then got to go on a horse drawn carriage ride. They had blankets in the carriage and it took us around the property.
On the carriage....
again... my sister Haley, my Dad, and me

Brooke loved the horse and was even able to pet it.
Then inside, we had some professional pictures taken and then we went in the back for some dancing.

We all had so much fun. I'm pretty sure I was the oldest daughter there, but I didn't care.
Brooke LOVED the music, lights and of course, all the dancing




We then took a break and got some ice cream sundaes. Yum...
and then went back for more dancing.

the macarena... love it! Brooke however...not so much.
It was a great night and we were so happy we could come over and do it.

This was the next morning when Brooke came down to wake me up. We piled her high in Aunt Haley's stuffed animals. This is a real corny cheese face.

3 comments:

Nattles said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! So cute!

Deb Nott said...

Thanks for all of the updates! I will comment on this one because it is my FAVORITE!!! SO CUTE!!!

Kendall and Melissa said...

What a fun tradition. Very cute.