Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Halloween

We have a very fun filled Halloween this year! Since it was on a Sunday, there were MANY activities around to do in place of going trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. (Which actually we ended up only have like literally 10 trick-or-treaters on Halloween.)

It first started off going to the library's Halloween Puppet Show. They brought a spider out and made it crawl around the theater... Brooke kept scooting back further and further until it left. It was quite funny. She takes after her Mom.
{Mezmorized puppet show...}

There was then a trick-or-treat street at the high school that was free. We could dress the kids up and go trick or treating down the halls of each wing. It turned out really cute. All the high schoolers were dressed up and had decorated each wing. One was dressed as Snow White, Brooke saw her and RAN up to her so excited. The high schooler was so sweet and even indulged her and twirled her dress for Brooke and even spoke and sang like Snow White. Brooke was so enthralled with her. It was so cute. We met Brooke's (and our's) BFF's, the Strouds there. Her and Lucy ran from each candy stop. Brooke even skipped by a bunch of them when she saw her favorite babysitter (and my future Sister-in-Law ;)...), Alex, there. Alex was so cute and went through a whole wing holding and skipping down the hallway with the girls. I even had some fun because I ran into my favorite high school teacher with his kids there.

I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of that night. Such a bummer.

I am a big fan of doing full family theme costumes. So this year... we were Peter Pan (Dan), Wendy (Heather, which btw was SO confusing for Brooke b/c she has an Aunt Wendy and hasn't actually seen the Peter Pan movie, only the Tinkerbell one. She kept thinking I was going to dress up like Aunt Wendy.), Tinkerbell (Brookie) and Capt Hook/pirate (Tanner).

We also of course, went to our ward Halloween party and went "Trunk-or-Treating". I unfortunatley missed the whole Trunk-or-Treating b/c I spent the whole time trying to find my husband who had gone into hiding...(he actually was in the back of our friends car...).
Either way, Brooked loved it all. I'm pretty sure, even now (being January) we still have some Halloween candy in her bucket.

{putting some glitter and make-up on my little Tinkerbell}

{My Tinkerbell and Pirate}

{Wendy, Tinkerbell and Peter Pan (NOT ROBIN HOOD!)}

{Lucy and Brookie eating some oyster crackers at the Ward chili cook-off}

{Finally a picture with the WHOLE family dressed up all together}

{This is my parents with our favorite babysitter/future SIL/Aunt, Alex. Our family LOVES her and she is over her a TON. We love it. So of course she jumped in a picture with our family. I'm pretty sure if she doesn't join our family through marrying one of my brothers, we will adopt her. She was Tom Cruise in Risky Business for Halloween. (Totally awesome for a church party right?!}

{Again, this is how much these two love each other. They are such fun little buddies.}

{So this picture cracks me up. This is a guy from our ward that is so super nice. He and his wife had triplets a couple months before we moved here. They actually blessed them the first Sunday after we got here. Anyways, they're awesome. So, Dan was being funny doing the "Have a little Captain in you?" commercial impersonations, and well... you can see how it went. It was so funny. (His triplets were all bumble bees for Halloween, they were so adorable!}

{This was Brookie and Lucy arriving at the car Dan and Chris were at handing out candy. Brooke was so excited to show Daddy her loot...}

{When we got home, we had some dry ice left over and decided to have a little fun... Brooke wasn't so sure about the whole thing for a bit. It actually kinda scared her for the first while. Then she had lots of fun.}

{Blowing into the steam or fog...}
{On actual Halloween, we had 1:00 church (which KILLS Brooke)... we have a tradition of eating chili that night... Brooke was too tired to do much of anything. Good thing we weren't going out!}

{I did let Tanner wear his costume to church though... I loved that I found these at Old Navy and they were actually PJ's!}

{Well, Tanner being the boy he is... messed all over his costume. Luckily, I had back up...}

I honestly think, Halloween should be like Thanksgiving, always the same DAY, not the same DATE! It should be the last Friday of October. It would make things so much easier... if wishes were fishes right?!

No comments: