Friday, January 21, 2011

Our 5 year anniversary!

I can't believe we've been MARRIED for 5 years! Where has the time gone? It feels just like yesterday, THIS HAPPENED!
{Dan proposed on Temple Square Oct 14, 2005 after going on a carriage ride around Salt Lake while I read the book he got me "Heatherella". He had bought the book Cinderella and taped "Heatherella" over every Cinderella in the book. When it came to the point where she lost her shoe, he actually stole my shoe. Well, the carriage ride ended before we finished the book, so he carried me over to a bench on temple square. After I was done reading it, he put my shoe back on and said "Does it fit?" "Yeah? (I thought to myself, it's my shoe, it should fit!)". Then he pulled out the ring and got on one knee and said "Would this fit?" (I squealed) and he said "Heather, would you marry me?" I of course squealed yes and we ran to my family at my cousins wedding reception and showed it all off! Of course, we called the world to announce the exciting news too!}
{Our engagement picture}

{Married and Sealed for time and all eternity December 28, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple}
It was Dan's year to plan this year too and boy did he go above and beyond! I married the best guy! It started off by my coloring my hair (which always makes me feel so good after, like a mini-make over) and then going to a nail salon to use a gift card to get my nails done! I then came home just in time to make a mystery 4:00 appointment. Dan drove us over and stopped at Massage Envy! He had scheduled an hour couples massage! I was so excited! I LOVE massages. I feel so re-energized after.

After the massages, we went to dinner and our favorite P.F. Changs. We went all out on the dinner too. We both ordered appetizers of lettuce wraps and crab wontons.
{I was trying to figure out my new camera and blinded Dan with the flash in this picture}


Then Dan got Pepper Steak and I got Chang's Spicy Chicken (he won on ordering for that one).


Then we got my absolute favorite Banana Spring Rolls! OH SO GOOD! They are wrapped deep fried bananas with coconut ice cream with berries, drizzled with a cream sauce and caramel! You need to try it if you never have.

After dinner, my parents friends were out of town and offered their house for us to stay at. So, my parents were WONDERFUL and watched the kids not only for the evening, BUT ALL NIGHT! We went and stayed the night at their house. WE LOVE THEIR HOUSE. They had a hot tub and big screen TV with all sorts of cable channels. We headed to the store and got some snacks and then just relaxed at the house. We both have gotten into watching HGTV rececntly. So after the hot tub and getting in our PJ's, we watched a movie and then fell asleep (in the nicest King size bed) watching HGTV. We BOTH got to sleep for a WHOLE ENTIRE night. It was glorious!

The next day, we slept in a bit and relaxed until my parents brought the kids to us around 4:00pm. We had a full 24 hours without any kids. It was amazing and so nice. Dan hit a home run planning this one out. I have the best husband!

For gifts this year, the theme was wood. Dan got a wonderful idea (through several hints from me and instructions from his sisters) and made me a growth chart. It's so cute and so wonderful. Once I cut the vinyl for it, I'll take a picture of it and post it on here. I'm so excited to start using it and to get a place of our own to hang it eventually! I gave him a "wood" golf club he had been coveting. Sports Authority had an awesome sale and the club ended up being only $20 (originally over $200) MAJOR SCORE!!!!

I just have to take a minute and publicly say how much I love my husband and how MADLY IN LOVE I am with him!!! He is everything I could have asked for and MORE! Literally, when I think back to the "list" I made in Young Womens of things I wanted in my future husband, he hits EVERY bullet point! He is the most honorable priesthood holder, most loving and caring husband and the funnest Dad. He is the whole package. Dan, you make me a better person and I look up to you so much! Thank you for being who you are. I LOVE YOU! I can't wait to spend ETERNITY with you!!!
{I LOVE YOU DAN KIMBALL!!!}

1 comment:

Nattles said...

Time flies when you're having fun! Congrats! You guys are awesome!